To fully illustrate to our social media followers exactly how we bring the party, on Tuesday morning we created an endless-looping video showcasing the Party Hat from our 2015 Edinburgh Fringe Show.
The Party Hat is;
- An Arduino Uno
- HC-06 Bluetooth module
- Toy motor (to turn the sad flag)
- 9V battery (toy motors need more amps than the Arduino can provide via USB)
- USB power bank battery
- Transistor to turn on the motor
- The box our business cards came in to hold the circuit
- Duct tape to make it an absolute unit
- Commemorative baseball cap from Microsoft Imagine Cup 2010: Poland
- Plank of wood cut off an ikea shelf with a cutting of a hi-vis attached for a
The Arduino program controls the motor. We created a python script that communicates via bluetooth to the arduino and listens for messages from a meteor app, which provides the GUI for us to control it via a web browser.